Friday, February 24, 2006

An Ideal Day In Office !!

The last one week has been a dream come true. The AllgoRhythm activities were kick-started. It is not certainly the toughest thing I have got thro' in my life. But I really liked the concept of conducting interviews before getting people into this club. It definitely reflects on the quality of people who made it through (Me, mE, ME...) By the way, coming back to my awesome week, I was out of my cubicle for most part of the week under the AllGoRhythm banner organizing a treasure hunt for the entire vertical. Reminds me of my good old college days. In college it was some dry canals or benches where we used to have those short notice meetings, and here it is either in some board / conference room [ corporatieeesshhh ] and in the worst case, Canteen bhi chalega. Except that there are no buggin boring profs, who were so desperate to see me in their classes. No attendance proxy and On duty issues as well.

But looking back at it, I feel that, it was the best part of bunking classes. You always need some kinda challenge if you want to get a sense of achievement. However here, my manager is more than happy to let myself involve in such club activities. May be he thinks that me doing such stuffs in office is much better than me writing some amazing codes that nobody could comprehend why it fails every single time. Somehow he wants the project to survive. And I'm trying my level best to make him realize his dreams with a little bit of challenge by working with those codes at times. Just being a true team guy dudes!!

Today is very auspicious. I was praying that my onsite guy shouldn't have sent a response to my queries so that I need not proceed with my task. I opened my outlook. Tada!! There were 57 unread messages and I quickly glanced for that guy's mail.. No mails from him. I checked for other official mails and looked like nobody was interested in me. Adding on to this, today the Mainframe link was down and techie guys couldn't fix it. I quickly checked my internet connection and surprisingly it was working perfectly fine. No wonder everybody in my project was having a blast. So today I became someone who really wanted to work in the office but sadly and unfortunately the link was down. What could this poor guy do ;)? AllGoRhythm, Here I come !!

We were quickly done with our meeting and we dispersed to go ahead with our tasks. We got dressed up like Pirates [ The theme of the event was Pirates of the Caribbean ] , converted a store room into a pirate den [ Isla de Muerta, I had to copy - paste this from one of the mails ] lit only with candles, covered the room with chains, ropes and not to forget the Caribbean Rum [ Read as Coca Cola ]. We were all christened with special names[ I was called as Bloodiieee, I liked The Prince Of Dead Wives thou' ]. Now here comes the worst part. Facial Paints!! We painted ours and all the participants' faces with water paints just to give them the feel of real pirates. It was very embarrassing earlier when only the organizers were painted. But when it became more of being a roman in Rome, the real fun started. I personally liked the spirit shown by the Tech support guys. They really rocked. [ Am I saying all this? These were the same guys who caught me with Movies in my PC ;) ]

The chaos began after the painting session. People running and screaming at every possible direction. But my job was simple. Just kept clicking stills after stills. Was really happy to find out that I was not the only dumb looking guy on the floor. Hey by the way roomie, your mush idea was mine. This is the only possible way where you could have something black underneath your nostrils ;) !!! You looked more like a Kerala Smuggler than a Pirate from the Caribbean da !!

The show got over finally and there was only one eventual winner. But thatz fine. Ultimately the whole floor was set on fire. Nobody worked from 2 to 4. They were just wondering what these ugly looking badly painted guys were upto !!

Huh, why can't all the days be like this man? Mainframe link down, Internet working, some crazy show on the floor ? Man, I'm really missing my college days now. Chalo, I pity my CEO. Coz if this continues, I'll end up missing his as well !! ;) !! It will be very tuff to find another dumber to give me a job !!


Cheers,
Prad ( Datz me in Pic, Find me if u can ;) !! )









4 comments:

None... said...

Quite an exciting day!When are you going to Cbe?

kannan udayarajan said...

seems u had a real big blast...!!

:))

Anonymous said...

NjoY !!!

hey our company policy dude "FUN AT WORK"...

P.R.A.D said...

Neelu : We would like to change Fun at Work to "ONLY Fun at Work " !! Don't we ?