Saturday, March 25, 2006

Twilight Zone


In a quiet and peaceful night,
My vision had blinded due to the lack of sight,
Mild winds bellowing the spirit’s sound,
Time just flew by and I lost a lot of ground,
Lay there on a bed with velvet sheet,
My tears were drifting and washed her feet,
Her hands were folded against her chest,
I wage the battle when she is at rest,
Her face revealed the pain of loneliness,
I am dying too see the belongingness,
The frozen tears across her face,
Things just happened at a rapid pace,
The mysterious smile across her lips,
The memories of her in Polaroid clips,
I swam against the tides of the wildest sea,
But her eyes were closed and refused to see,
Mourners in black coat avoiding their gaze,
Stood there waiting behind the haze,
All I had to give was just my heart,
But the priest had come to read his part,
Her soul is trapped in the twilight zone,
Why must I live when she is gone?
Just tried my hand on poetry. I had a concept in my mind when I wrote this. But am not sure whether I was able to express it through these lines. In case you have read this and decided to comment, then please leave back your understanding of this work.
Thanks to Iron Maiden, I copied the title from their Album - Killers !!
Cheers,
Prad.

9 comments:

None... said...

Hmmm....nice one!BTW...romba mariyathai yella kudukavendaam......I guess we both are from the same batch.....did you pass out of carmel in 99?

P.R.A.D said...

Neema!: 2000 batch !! Oru varusham juniornu nenakiraen.

None... said...

ok da Thambi!

Anoop said...

She is gone away..where the angels stay!!!...thumne mujhe desp bana diya!!!and u say i write senti posts!!

Anonymous said...

gud one man...yeah,it did bring a lump in my throat also...are u trying to pull the heartstrings of all prospective women reading ur blog with ur poetry??...;-)..(due apologies to anoop)

None... said...

next blog?

P.R.A.D said...

Anoop : No senti Machan

Indu : I wish I cud really pull some strings myself !!

Neema! : Next blog is coming your way ! Got myself in a soup with the office schedule

Balaji said...

Nice one!!Though I dont agree with the last line!!!

P.R.A.D said...

Bala : Thanx!! Just took some inspiration from your Tamil Poetry related stuffs.

Machan, Love panni paar, then you'll understand the true emotions of the last line.