Monday, January 09, 2006

Amchi Coimbatore !!


Dis is something which I wanted to do for a long time now; especially after joining my company and found myself doing nothing but browsing for the majority of time. Till now, you might have read so many illustrations about my City written by various people and websites. But this is my 22 years in the City.

A Blog dedicated to the place where I come from.

Blogging as a proud Coimbatorean !! [Pic1: Find me in White]

Little did I know dat the sweet chill City of Coimbatore had sooooooo much in store, dat after moving to Pune, I have started missing every single road there. How much did I hate the place coz of my dust allergy?? - Thanks to the suspended cotton particles !! But did I even know that it was the same cotton that had helped India to get a place in the world map of Textile hubs ? Coimbatore, being the leading producer of Textile Yarn and machineries, I could very modestly say that Manchester could be called as the Coimbatore of England !! remba overungalanna ?? ;)


Sir Robert Stanes, P.S.G & Sons, G.D. Naidu, Nachimuthu Gounder are some of the great people responsible for the industrial revolution in Kovai. Yet I would say that these people were primarily responsible for me screwing 12th std. Studying in Carmel Garden for 14 years [ Boys' School :( :(....... ] , the only respite for me was during the tuitions where I could meet the damsels from Stanes and GD schools ;) !! If someone says that I did very badly in my 12th std, I will dedicate it completely to these schools and obviously to dese gr8 people who did
"Revolutionalize" education in Coimbatore !!!
Speaking about health care, without K.G. Hospital and Ganga Nursing Home, I wouldn't have survived 7 bike accidents and still be typing this blog. Aparently, it is in K.G. Hospital where I was born. Unfortunately I was too young then and I could not give an account of that. Duh !! Obviously !! But my Mom keeps saying that when I was born, I was the only Male child to have born in the entire hospital. Born exactly at 12 midnight, surrounded only with girls, everyone thought I've got all the traits of Lord Krishna. But as far as I can remember, that was the only time when something like dis has happened to me :( Grrr. Digressing from the topic.. !! Probably I'l write something more on that in a new Blog as The Curse Of Coimbatore ;) !!! Apart from these hospitals, there are so many other specialized homes with some of the best surgeons in the world. This can be cross-checked by the number of people coming from other cities and states to my city for treatment of chronical illness and fatal casualities. So from next time, if U find ur health is in dire straits," Come To Coimbatore " ... I cannot promise that U'l survive, but U'll definitely feel more than happy to die in the cozy and warm hands of a beautiful Kerala Nurse ;) !! [ Pic 2 : Top Slip ]

Coming to some of the famous personalities that Coimbatore has given to Our Nation :

Adam Sinclair - Olympic Hockey Player.. If I'm not wrong, I think this guy is from Stanes
Nirupama Vaidyanathan - National Tennis Champion
Narain Karthikeyan - Do I need to intro dis guy too ?

If u r a tamil movie buff, then I need not say that Sivakumar, Surya, Sathyaraj, Raghuvaran, Nizhalgal Ravi, Bakyaraj, Sundarajan, Manivannan..... are all from Coimbatore!! Can u imagine our tamil cinema industry without these people ?? I should rather say that we managed to give so many people to the cinema industry because of Mr. Sriramulu Naidu - The founder of Film Studio !!

As far as I'm concerned, my tourism starts at DB Road and ends at Saibaba Colony ;) A pleasant Sunday evening can be usefully wasted at these places. !!! ... But there are places like Siruvani, which has the Kovai Kutralam Waterfalls, Conoor [ A long ride on ur bike to this place from Coimbatore is a rocking experience ] , Top Slip - Wild Life Santuary, Vellingiri Hills which has Dyanalinga Isha Centre, ThiruMoorthy hills and a lotta temples as well... Well I should say that the all Famous Ooty and Black Thunder are also at ur disposal. [Pic3: Valparai]

The city may not be as "HAPPENING" as Mumbai or Bangalore, but it is definitely happening in itz own ways. The right blend of Northies, westies, Chinkies and ofcourse Southies gives, the city a cosmopolitan outlook, and people like me - A LOTTA HOPE ;) !!! I personally like the Naiduz for ur info ;) !!

All in all, whatever said and done,

Sare Jahan Se Acha, Coimbatore Hamara !!!

Really missing the sweet sound of Kongu Tamizh !!

Will write more later!!

Til Then

Cheers,

Prad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Prad,seems like since we "juda ho gaye"...tum kaheen aur kho gaye ;)..dear do not miss your beautiful Coimbi so much that I start feeling J..If you need I'll be there for you...